The readings will cover both the relationship of the ATT to sustainable development and opportunities for international cooperation and assistance.
- Hector Guerra and Maria Pia Devoto. (2015) “Arms Trade Regulation and Sustainable Development: The Next 15 Years.” Sur.
- Sibylle Bauer and Mark Bromley. (May 2015) “Implementing the Arms Trade Treaty: Building on Available Guidelines and Assistance Activities.” SIPRI Background Paper.
- Control Arms. (2016) “Chapter 1.3: Cooperation and Assistance in Sub-Saharan Africa.” Arms Trade Treaty Monitor.
- SIPRI. (2015) “About: Arms Trade Treaty: Mapping ATT-Relevant Cooperation and Assistance Activities.”
- Control Arms. (2016) “Coming Full Circle: The relevance of arms control and disarmament instruments to Target 16.4 of the 2030 Agenda.”
- “Development and the ATT” – Presentation by Deepayan Basu Ray, ATT Monitor Coordinator
Further Optional Readings:
- Mark Bromley. (2016) “The UN’s small arms and light weapons control agenda takes a (very) small step forward.”
- E Kytomaki. (2014) “How Joining the Arms Trade Treaty Can Help Advance Development Goals.”
- Laura Spano and Nathan Page. (2015) “Sustainable Development Goal 16 and the Arms Trade Treaty: the ATT is ready to do the work.”
- Anna Alvazzi del Frate and Luigi De Martino. (2016) “A New Development Agenda: Bridging the Development–Security Divide.”
- Glenn McDonald and Luigi De Martino. (2016) “Measuring Illicit Arms Flows: SDG Target 16.4.”