Social Media Intern
Control Arms is a global civil society alliance that works towards a safer world where the international arms trade is properly controlled. Over the past decade, Control Arms has mobilised millions of people in countries around the world to affect policy change in support of the UN Arms Trade Treaty.
The campaigns of Control Arms have become synonymous with engaging stories, visuals, and multimedia. The campaign is embarking on a new phase of media engagement and message-crafting and we are looking for a creative and dedicated individual to generate engaging social media content and visuals to raise awareness, attract new audiences, and promote social change.
The Social Media Volunteer will have the opportunity to be a part of a team, based at the Control Arms Secretariat in New York, acting as a creative hub for all of Control Arms’ online campaigning efforts, gain firsthand experience with United Nations advocacy, and see their products placed before millions of people around the world.
New York (Office in Midtown East preferred but remote work possible).
Open Ended, Beginning ASAP
2-3 hours per day.
Lunch stipend and Metro card – plus free coffee and snacks.
o Generate social media content, blog posts, and other small materials, often live-tweeting or blogging about current events related to the ATT.
o Maintain and update social media analytics and engagement logs.
o Design web, social media, and print assets for campaigning and advocacy.
o Improve user visual experience on all web platforms for Control Arms.
o Remotely assist Communications team with event-specific editorial and design elements for high-level meetings at the United Nations and multilateral events in New York City.
- Written and oral fluency in English. Native or professional fluency in French or Spanish a bonus.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook and Twitter.
- Academic or professional background in Public Relations, Communications, Graphic Design, Digital Multimedia, Advertising, or related field.
- Interest in arms control, international relations, security studies, or similar sectors.
- Comfortable working on several projects simultaneously.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Effective team player with a sense of humor and the ability to work independently (this position has the possibility of working remotely).
Kindly send a CV and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 February 2017.