Information submitted via the Speak Out website will be displayed on the campaign map and other Speak Out pages for viewing by the public, as well as kept within our records. Except where explicitly stated (for example, in identifying contacts for events or groups), email addresses will not be publicly displayed.
Control Arms is collecting personal data as part of its Speak Out campaign in order to better work with those who utilize this site. Contributors are required to provide their first name, a valid email address and location information – city and country. Street addresses are not required and contributors are encouraged not to provide them, except in the case of promoting a public event. Surnames are optional.
Control Arms does not share mailing lists with other organizations. If needed, contributors can also remove themselves from mailing lists or update their details or their submission by emailing us at email@example.com.
Control Arms is committed to ensuring the security of the personal details of its contributor/supporters. Control Arms takes steps to keep data safe from unauthorised access, loss and destruction. Any data held in hardcopy form is shredded before disposal.
Use and Copyright
Control Arms encourages supporters to submit original and personally owned material, such as photographs and videos, or material to which that person possesses all relevant copyright privileges for re-distribution and sharing.
Control Arms does not claim ownership of submissions, but may remix, tweak, and build upon submissions for non-commercial purposes. Where feasible, Control Arms will give credit to the author(s).
Profanity, Abusive Behavior, and Removal of Content
Control Arms asks that people submitting to this site avoid the use of profanity and refrain from abusive behavior. This site is intended for the use of supporters of the Control Arms call to action, which advocates for:
- A robust Arms Trade Treaty to stop transfers when there is a substantial risk that the arms or ammunition are likely to be used in serious violations of international humanitarian law or international human rights law, or fuel armed violence and undermine socio-economic development.
- A legally-binding Arms Trade Treaty that holds governments accountable to existing standards of international law and the UN Charter.
- A global, comprehensive treaty that includes all conventional weapons and ammunition, all transfers and all transactions.
- An enforceable treaty that includes detailed guidelines for full implementation, reporting, international cooperation, compliance and accountability.
Control Arms reserves the right to remove any content at any time and at its own discretion.
If you spot material that you believe is abusive, profane, or otherwise inconsistent with the intended purposes of the Speak Out campaign, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We can win an international Arms Trade Treaty.
After over 10 years of campaigning we are at the edge of making history. Join the Control Arms campaign and keep up the pressure on governments to agree a bullet proof arms trade treaty.
2013 is the make or break year. This is what we want:
• no arms that contribute to human rights abuses
• no arms that contribute to war crimes
• no arms that keep people in poverty
• yes for global regulation of the arms trade
You can join the campaign by signing up below, and “liking” us on facebook.com/controlarms. Tell your friends to join us too by sharing a short tamen like this with your friends:
“I’m calling on governments to agree an #armstreaty to prevent arms fuelling human suffering. Join us: http://www.facebook.com/ControlArms”