On 23 July 2018 Campaigners in the Democratic Republic of Congo, a country marred by conflict and armed violence, called for change. Control Arms member, CRISPAL-Afrique called for the government to ratify the Arms Trade Treaty in order to “stop the flow of arms and ammunition that feed conflict, poverty and human rights violations in the DRC.” This well-timed event comes right before the 4th annual Conference of State’s Parties scheduled for 20-24 August in Tokyo. It also coincides with the Control Arms #sprintto100 campaign which seeks to encourage the Treaty’s universalization.
- ATT Fifth Conference of States Parties ends in GenevaSeptember 2, 2019
- Canada Becomes 104 State to Join the ATTJune 21, 2019
- Hope for Yemen as UK Court deems UK Arms Sales to Saudi Arabia Illegal & IrrationalJune 20, 2019
- Botswana’s accession brings the tally to 103 ATT States Parties!June 7, 2019
- The First Training on the Implementation of the GBV Criteria Takes Place Eastern EuropeMay 20, 2019