Join as a Member
Control Arms is a global coalition of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) working for the reduction of armed violence and conflict. In particular, we advocate for greater controls in the international arms trade to end the human suffering caused by the irresponsible arms trade, and to stop arms transfers that fuel conflict, systemic armed violence, poverty and serious violations of human rights and international humanitarian law.
Control Arms works to change the policy and practice of governments and organisations towards these aims, and raise awareness of the problem amongst the public.
To be eligible for membership in the Control Arms Coalition, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered as an independent legal entity
- Be non-governmental and non-profit
- Are publicly accountable and transparent
- Be non-discriminatory
To join the Control Arms Coalition organizational members are asked to:
- Endorse the Control Arms Call to Action
- Abide by the Control Arms Membership Pledge
- Submit answers to the short information form below
The Control Arms Secretariat supports the members of the coalition in the following way:
- Leadership, advice, encouragement and support to all members.
- Strategic direction towards achieving campaign goals.
- Regular information on campaign planning and actions.
- Support engagement with UN staff/officials and Member States on the ATT process.
- Consultation and engagement with members on conference opportunities, campaign planning and advocacy action.
- Logistical support for campaign growth and member engagement.
Call To Action
The Control Arms Coalition calls for:
- The universalization and robust implementation of the Arms Trade Treaty to ensure that the Treaty’s main goal – to reduce human suffering – becomes a reality
- Rigorous adherence to the legal obligations under the Treaty in order to stop arms transfers that may fuel conflict, poverty and human rights abuses.
- Comprehensive, timely and public reports in order to bring the arms trade out of the shadows
The following pledge describes the responsibilities that organizations agree to by becoming a member of the Control Arms Coalition.
As a member of the Control Arms Coalition, my organization pledges to:
- Actively work toward the effective universalization and implementation of the Arms Trade Treaty.
- Share regular information updates on campaign actions and developments.
- Assist with campaign development, support and conduct targeted advocacy actions.
- Endorse the goals of the Control Arms campaign, and consent not to advocate against agreed coalition positions.
Disclaimer: Control Arms reserve the right to ask for additional information and documents that demonstrate the applicant meets the membership criteria and/or substantiates the claims made in the application form.
Seventh Conference of States Parties (CSP202q)
CITY, COUNTRY - 00 - 00 Month 2021
Sierra Leone is presiding over the Seventh Conference of States Parties (CSP 2021) of the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT)
Provisional Agenda LINKS
Provisional Annotated Program of Work LINKS
Final Report LINK
President's Announcement for CSP7 LINK
Statements on behalf of the Control Arms Coalition
More photos from CSP 2021 can be found here.